Your Disaster Resilience Plan is a road map that describes where you want to go and how you intend to get there, based on your resilience assessments and the areas you have targeted or identified for improvement. Creating the Plan involves setting goals, comparing where you are now, identifying ways of reaching those goals, and achieving your community’s vision of future resilience.
Like most kinds of planning, disaster resilience planning involves a set of activities. These activities may include some or all of the following:
- identification of a vision (the ideal future)
- identification of goal(s)
- assessing the data collected
- identification of actions or strategies to reach goals
- development of a work plan
The planning process continues as you implement the Plan. Regularly check the progress you have made, adjust goals and actions when necessary, and continue to take action until the desired changes have been made.